homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:18:47 -0500

Robert Walton wrote:
Don't the Amish also not pay taxes? I wish the Episcopal church would
set a doctrine against paying taxes. I'd sure be at church more often.
Don't know where these ideas come from. Some groups do resist paying social security taxes, since they don't collect social security (some groups have given up and both pay/collect, but not all groups)so that's money out the window; other than that they pay taxes like anyone else. They are New Testament believers, see latter half of Matthew 22 for full explanation.....

SusanJane, in Maine