homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:28:53 -0800 (PST)

Whatever excuse will work for attaining more freedom, Rob; is the way I view
the matter. Believe me, if you could get out of paying all t*xes by being
Amish, we would be an Amish nation. I don't see anything wrong with safety
and common sense codes; but; I have seen a bunch of real crap built during
this boom that was licensed, zoned, paperworked, restricted, regulated, coded
to the hilt. Most of the houses here, that are old , solid, and last with
integrity were built with few or no codes . Gov't just simply does not know
how to create a better way