homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:17:20 -0800

They blow up if you use them incorrectly. A friend and I put a chicken in the pressure cooker and then had to run down to the lumber yard. We told her husband to turn the burner off under the pressure cooker and then told him DO NOT TOUCH IT! DO NOT OPEN IT! We'll be right back and take care of it.

Well, he decided he knew better and as soon as the timer went off, he decided to open the cooker. The lid put a hole in the ceiling and there were chicken parts and broth and grease all over the place including on Stanley! We, luckily got home just as he popped the lid. We rushed him to the ER where he spent several very painful hours and then spent weeks and weeks healing. Did I mention it was summer and he was shirtless?

Do they blow up under normal use? RARELY! Stanley's the only one I've ever heard of and I never had a case come in all the years I worked in hospitals. Do they blow if you screw up? You betcha!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Is the fear rational? I've never actually used one, and paid little attention when they were used in my prescence. Do they really blow up? Do they really cause injury? Is the occurrence rare? ; common?........