homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading as an Economic Basis

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading as an Economic Basis
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:50:27 -0800 (PST)

Bev, everything you said makes perfect sense. but, without debt, you would
not now be living at earthnsky. Without debt, a young man who desires to be
a carpenter or maybe a mechanic can't buy tools. I am not saying that debt
is "good".. I am saying that debt is part of our present economy, and to
participate fully in that economy most people must have debt. Debt is money.
It is not good that it is that way. It is just reaslity. Goldman Sachs,
lehman Brothers, Jp Morgan AIG, All-State, and thousands and thousands more
are , today, technically insolvent except for the new debt created and given
to them by our politicians and central bankers. Living without debt wouls be
like living without a cra. It can be done, but it is not the easy way to get

p.s. One of my baby brothers just got his fith deer.

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Bob, speaking for myself, debt is like the chains of slavery. It takes
> away my freedom. Perhaps since you have only had short term debt and
> are generally debt free, you do not feel this oppression?

Anyway, when I am in debt, I feel like I am underwater...I can see the
surface above me, but can't get up there to get a breath. So, I live within
that economy based on debt, and I long, more than
long, gasp for the freedom that being debt free allows.