homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading as an Economic Basis

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading as an Economic Basis
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:54:51 -0800

Ditto. We have 3 vehicles, each of which have a purpose. The "newest" is a 1988. AND, my 1971 truck will outlast all the junk the auto makers are currently building. Heck, it's got over 300,000 miles on it and is going strong plus it gets better mileage than the trucks they're building now!

I've only gotten a loan on one vehicle ever and it was paid off long before the loan was due. The rest we saved for and paid cash. We've paid cash for just about everything else. We did have an AmEx card but you use it and pay it the following month. For the business it was convenient to have to only draw out the checkbook once a month and have everything nicely itemized for us.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I've only driven what I could afford in cash...never had a car payment. In
the early1980's I had a 10-year-old Pinto, and have had other equally
unprestigious cars since, and went several years in the city with no car. I
currently drive a 1989 F-150. But it's ALL MINE.

Lynn Wigglesworth