homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:49:18 -0800 (PST)

Similar story here, except he got away with waaaay more than half thru
deception and my naivity in thinking he was a fair minded person.

We actually were debt free, and the FL house was at least prepared for
natural disasters, but was not a homestead.  It did require huge amounts of
money to maintain and to prepare.  After Andrew you wouldn't believe how high
the property insurance rose to, between that and the property tax and
insurance for vehicles .... it was insane.

I did not take on the debt to buy the kind of property I have long dreamed
of, a homestead, as I felt r/e would fall dramatically.  But that leaves me
in a pickle also... At least my parents have some land and don't mind me
tilling the land and dragging in manure and growing things.  They might
object to a pig though :-)  They have heard the pig story....