homestead - Re: [Homestead] [Fwd: Re: bev - Potato Q - and Sage]

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [Fwd: Re: bev - Potato Q - and Sage]
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:06:40 -0800

This has been studied a bunch. Tires don't really leach, as such. What gets into the air, soil and ground water is what is worn off when you drive on roads.

The tires we use we have the tire shop do a pressure wash on before we bring them home. For the heck of it, we've had a local chemistry teacher test the soil (he used it as a lesson for his students) and there was nothing in our soil.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>