homestead - Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:12:49 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sun, 12/7/08, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

> Did you ever watch that sitcom that Whoopi Goldberg had?
> The guy that
> played her brother would be referred to as an Oreo. And,
> no, an Oreo is not
> necessarily an Uncle Tom.
>
> Lynda

I always wondered about the term oreo. I went to a "black" university before
the black power movement, when a lot of us agreed with the concept of "color
blind". There I came to the conclusion that inside there is no difference in
black and white. That any real differences were the due to class and
environment.
Van Dell