homestead - Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:20:42 -0500

No, and I don't usually watch sitcoms. People say I have no sense of
humor<G>.
The only use of the word, other than the name of the cookie, that I have
heard, is that of a pet name. I heard of Oreo cats, dogs, and I
personally had a goat named Oreo(I did not name her that, though).

Uncle Tom I have heard, but never in real life, only on TV. I heard it
most recently in a news story when Iran was name calling Obama a house negro.

Lynda wrote:
Did you ever watch that sitcom that Whoopi Goldberg had? The guy
that played her brother would be referred to as an Oreo. And, no, an
Oreo is not necessarily an Uncle Tom.

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky"
<erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

No, I haven't heard that either...wow.