homestead - Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Boarding schools, was Who attacked whom?
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 22:57:51 -0800

Now, y'all have heard the term "oreo," haven't you? Well, "apple" is our equivalent (red on the outside, white on the inside). And a pan-Indian is generic, loss of tribal identity, frequently "finds" their identity later in life and then becomes rabid about it and more of an expert on all things tribal than the folks who have been living it their whole life. You can pick one out real quick on the Red Highway.

I've never heard anyone called these names(apple, pan Indian)...I've
never heard them, period.