homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wce1482 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:21:59 -0800 (PST)

My MIL had private health insurance, medicare and full VA benefits. Except
for Cardiac stuff, she preferred the VA. She died with me holding her hand ,
in a bed at the VA hospital. But, A lot of veterans do not feel the same
way. Many of them have poor and sub-standard care.

I have never seen the federal gov't do 'anything' efficiently, on a large
scale, that I thought was a plus for humanity. If I thought the federal
gov't could handle my healthcare better than private doctors, I would be a
democrat ( or one of today's republicans)