homestead - Re: [Homestead] "The Formerly Middle Class " - Commentary

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "The Formerly Middle Class " - Commentary
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:17:19 -0800

Use has changed because talking heads are dimwits. The definition remains the same. The problem is the average sheople hasn't a clue what the definition is and thus they go along with the overpaid idiots on television. We don't require any exhibition of intelligence in this country and therein lies the problem.

A "comfortable living" is not a criteria of middle class. And "working class" can't be middle class. They are, by and large, by definition blue collar. Professionals and management are white collar.

What we need is folks to stop being led around by their noses by people with less intelligence than some of my chickens! The whole "Big 3" thing is a prime example. They idiots on television, at least half of them, are running around like chicken little, screaming the sky is falling, the sky is falling because they don't know the difference between Ch. 11 and Ch. 7 bankruptsy. Because they don't know the difference between those two should we change their definitions also? We don't need to change anything, we need people to LEARN to speak English with a tiny bit of understanding of the definitions that already exist. Arg! Public school has been far to successful!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Well, definitions have changed. Working people can certainly be middle class, and the income limit you mentioned could be good salary in one place and poverty in another. "amount" *is* relative. We need new definitons so that when we talk , we know when we are talking about the same people.