homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet was Fennel

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet was Fennel
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:00:33 -0500

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:48 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

> That was my first cookbook. I checked it out a dozen times
> from the local library, which didn't have a copier (I
> didn't have the money anyway) and I painstakingly copied
> all the recipes by hand when I was a teen.

I like the 70s whole food cookbooks. Maybe it's Gene's nostalgia at work,
but I generally prefer the old to the new. Not all of the recipes are
keepers, true, but they tend to be more basic, less trendy/fussy.

The part about not eating mock animals was in the narrative part, up front
where they explain how they came to create the cookbook.

Old or new, all the Moosewood Cookbooks I've tried have yummy recipes.

Cathy