homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious issues

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious issues
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:07:23 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

So, what are the other homesteading lists that are about homesteading?

Gene:

How to Find Your Ideal Internet Home: Connecting to Your Dreams ;)

Whether message boards, chat forums, email lists, or blogs, everyone
needs a home, a place where they feel comfortable to be themselves, a
place that is familiar and friendly, a place where one can read, ask
questions, or give back. An internet home is a place you can go to
enjoy your morning coffee before you muck out the barn or that last
bastion of sanity and personal time just prior to collapsing into bed.

First, you need to determine your focus. Are you interested in
homesteading, politics, the economy, plants, animal husbandry, or all of
the above?

Second, you determine your climate preference. Do you enjoy
pleasantries and helpful hints, or do you occasionally enjoy kicking the
discussion up a notch with some sarcasm or idiocy?

Third, Determine the layout of you future internet home. Are you a
follower, a reader of blogs, or are you a trend setter, a writer of
blogs? Do you like to share your ideas immediately with large groups of
people, or do you like to post your ideas to be read by whomever passes by?

Once you have made these determinations, you are ready to search.
Google or Yahoo may be your best friend, as both have groups, but even
Amazon has communities to browse. There's Blogoria and other Blogger
searches. There is Facebook and MySpace community groups, IBiblio,
Catalist, and a bazillion others. It is endless.
____

Now, Gene, if the above did not make you smile, then I don't know what
else to do. Like Lynda told Ray, 'Get over it'. You can search the
world over and find plenty of groups to go to, but you belong here. It
is your home, just like it is my home. Homestead is OUR home. I wish I
had a time machine to go back a year and start over, but I don't. To
steal the words of a common man who shall remain famous and nameless,
"Can't We All Just Get Along?"

Bev, who apologizes to Marie for not kissing Gene, but will this do?

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda