homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious issues

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious issues
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:36:20 -0700

I always seek balance. Right now I seek the best balance between what
is and what might be.

I wish you'd expound on what "balance" means in the context, I have a hard
time applying the concept.

The balance of time and effort; how much time shall we spend trying to see the true state of things that will affect us versus how much time shall we spend doing those things that sustain us.

Most of the lists (and blogs) where I get the best info and the cleverest
insights are pretty grim. I read a lot of blather saying that the present woes
are going to blow over, and quickly, but when those posits are questioned, it
is almost Sara Palin like "Gosh, darn, if we all just smile and keep a good
attitude, that old dollar will be sound again in no time!"

The other homesteading lists I'm on are different from this one in that they
are about homesteading whereas this one is more about homesteaders.

So, what are the other homesteading lists that are about homesteading?