homestead - Re: [Homestead] Corn, was Seed stash

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Corn, was Seed stash
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:27:58 -0500

Lynda wrote:
We did this and then finished it with a layer of horsey stuff.
Didn't have one plant go in the summer storms. Of course, the crop wasn't the greatest because of no sun but we still got plenty of corn. Oh, and we did plant pretty close together, kinda in the French intensive method manner.

How large of an area did you did out, and did you remove all the dirt with a shovel, or did you just kind of do it in wide rows?

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda