homestead - Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:31:42 -0500

The difference between a produce auction and a Farmers' Market is that produce auctions usually allow produce from other areas or countries. Many Farmers' Markets today require the produce to be locally grown.

We have one farmer who runs a farm stand, but brings in a lot of produce from the auction. He used to sell at the local Farmers' Market, but his kids told people that they grow their own produce....yeah, like bags of oranges and watermelons in May. They kicked him out of the Farmers' Market, but he set up his own stand and does great business.

Lynn Wigglesworth
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>