homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spanish

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spanish
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 23:17:13 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The funny thing is, I seriously doubt Moon knows want "pendejo" literally means and why that literal meaning is supposed to be an insult.

My Spanish teacher in high school told us that it meant something like (and if this is wrong, blame my memory not my teacher) "little hanging thing" and implies well, you know. I was told it is the worst thing you can say, but my friend Ramon says that attacks against one's mother can be equally offensive.

Bastante dicho!

James
Como se dice, ditto?

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda