homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 23:13:55 -0800

At 11/7/2008 08:06 PM,Marie McHarry wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:43 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> The funny thing is, I seriously doubt Moon knows want "pendejo" literally
> means and why that literal meaning is supposed to be an insult.

For those who care, it means 'pubic hair'.

> As you read, it was a simple but round about way to ask a simple, non
> threatening, question. The remonstration that one would simply not be bothered with
> it, but instead respond with a gutter vulgarism, pretty much determines what we
> are dealing with in this case.

Ya know, this is just ugly. I think psychologists call it passive
aggression. The last time James indulged he drove most everyone
interesting off the list except, thankfully, people like Tvo. James,
if what he says about himself is to be believed and I have no reason
to doubt it, is a man of many parts. Alas, he does not play well with
others, and what point is there to being on a homesteaders' list if
being helpful to pilgrims isn't a main purpose?

Marie

Good question Marie.
I suspect arrogance, ego and the feeling of superiority is purpose enough.
To be honest James has shared information, 10% of my e-mail garden file came from James but in time I have to wonder if the attitude that comes with the information is worth it. As you pointed out his attitude has cost this list before.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net