homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:53:16 EST

> >If we were the domcracy some
> profess us to be, then we would have a number of candidates on the ballot,
> instead of the media chosen two.

Southern Bob (to distinguish you from Desert Bob), we are not a democracy,
never have been, never hope to be. In the 1780's to call someone a
'democrat'
was an insult meaning they advocated mob rule. We are a constitutional
republic. And thank the gods for it!

There were a number of candidates on the ballot besides the chosen two.
There was at least Bob Barr (Libertarian), Cynthia McKinney (Green), Ralph
Nader.
It's not the nature of our constitutional makeup that has brought about this
two party impass, it's gasping and clutching one's chest at the thought for
NOT voting against the person you fear and despise.

> >what is
> obama planning for her ? how many years would it take to get anything done
> ? if anything should be done?

How many years? Forever, if what is meant by doing something for her is
making it so she can afford steaks, even marked down steaks (which in this
family
we refer to affectionately as "about to rot"). Chances are about 50/50 that
those steaks came from Brazil, Argentina, or Mexico. The structure that
injects so much of the world's food into our markets is about to collapse.

The New Deal and Great Society social programs had the (possibly) unintended
consequence that they utterly destroyed the family structure of the very
people they were designed to help. That's very likely why your lady in
Kroger's
had no family to be of help to her. What many of us see is more of that on
the
way under Obama.