homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:24:01 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Not zero, but only 0.6% of 40,000 or so in the county. There is very
little, if any political discussion here. We are far removed from much of
what the federal government does.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

>From my perspective, that is zero, Lynn. ;)
Where is your nearest black community?

The smaller cities (30-50,000 people) in surrounding counties have black populations of about 12-13%. I'm not aware of any large community of blacks within 100 miles of here. Harrisburg (150 miles away) has a large black population (over 50%, I think).

So, since the nearest community is in a neighboring county, and you don't work there or go there on a daily basis(or do you?) and I assume there is no local TV in that county, that would not be seeing this firsthand for yourself like I am. That is really too bad, because I would like to know how widespread this belief is. Is it just in the South where the largest black populations reside, or is it also in the North? I recall that the You Tube lady was from a Florida rally..has anyone seen this outside of the South?

Bev

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda