homestead - [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now A/P for Bob Ford

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now A/P for Bob Ford
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:48:22 -0500

bob ford wrote:
I hope most of the women on the list don't really think I am 'that' slow. I
am pretty slow, on somew things.'was just in a good mood and thought I would
write something for a smile ....bobford

Hey, Bob, here's what ya gotta do: Encyclopedia Brittanica has, or used to have, really good drawings of the human body, both male and female. There are lots of clear overlays to be able to see how different (muscle, fascia, lymphatic, etc) systems work together and so on. Getcha one o' them there books and it'll all come clear how things work. :-)

Actually, in all seriousness, I don't know if those things are still around, but they were very good teaching tools, my kids used to spend hours studying that kind of stuff and they actually did absorb a lot of both anatomy and physiology from the EB. The human body and the way it functions is fascinating, at least I find it so.

Or there are likely good illustrations on internet, I've not looked and am somewhat stressed for time today, but will look on another day.

We, all of us, made good use of a set of encyclopedias I bought when first kid was born. I grew up knowing nothing about the world outside my own little sphere, which I understood was 'different', and was determined my kids would know more. We spent many, many hours with those books; in fact, reading was allowed at the table at noonday meal just about all the time one or more of us had a volume of EB beside the plate. It often comes up now in conversation about times gone by, as one of their fond memories. I still remember David had memorized the entry on Japan at one point (easy for him; he's autistic and memory like a trap, once in and never out). His brother like to never forgave him, Japan not high on their interest list and they got tire of hearing him yammer about it.

SusanJane, in Maine