homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 23:35:58 -0500

bob ford wrote:
I thought the big deal was her "water breaking" at the airport. She had to
be carrying a child for that to occur, right?

To answer the question, yes, one would have to be pregnant for 'water to break'.
According to her statement she was at "an energy seminar with Texas Gov. Rick Perry and executives from four other states" in the Dallas region when her water broke. She then gave a ~30 minute speech and after that flew ~3000 miles to Anchorage. It's unclear to me how she got on a commercial flight as it used to be they all had a pretty dim view of possible deliveries in flight. Actually, they usually forbid boarding in such a case. Many years ago I, six months' pregnant, flew to my parents' area when my mother died and there was much discussion about a doctor's permission, warnings, whatnot, before I could get on that plane, and it all had to be repeated a week later when I came back home. Anyway, after she got to Anchorage, she apparently went from there to the Mat-Su hospital by car, a trip taking about an hour....

SJ