homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:12:33 -0500

Lynda wrote:
Arg! I'm going to sit down and kick my heels <g> I don't really like any of them as Prez, so I'll have to go with Jimmy Carter because he was and is a good person. He is the only one who walks the walk.
I think Carter made mistakes, in fact he readily admits he did, but he is the only one of the list that actually struck me as always trying to do the right thing. Every one of the others would have had trouble convincing me that he had us, the people, in mind when making all decisions. Mistakes made, he trudged forward and continued to do (near as I could see) his best to perform the duties at hand. Maybe it resonates with me because I have always struggled to do the right thing and I clearly see now that I made mistakes, but what more can one do but try one's best to assess the situation at hand and proceed from there? Surely we can't ask more than a man's best......

It would be refreshing to be able to believe that of all our presidents, not?

SusanJane, in Maine