homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:37:19 -0500

He was my second choice, not because of what he did as president, or god
forbid as governor, but mostly for what he has done since. I really
used to be ashamed of Carter, but now I am proud of him. Say what you
want, but Egypt and Israel have been at peace a long time now.
I also like the fact that he had the balls to say he saw a UFO.
I've met Jimmy and Roselyn when I was at Emory. The Carter Center is
nearby and they often came to the campus while it was under
construction. Once, I got too close while talking to the man, and a
Secret Service agent practically picked me up and moved me aside.<g>.
They don't play.
My stepfather's uncle, my great uncle Frank, is a friend of Carters.
Uncle Frank is a local celebrity, too. He developed the peanut variety
used in peanut M&M's. He was a Jeopardy question once...you know you
have made it in life if there is a Jeopardy question about you..lol.
Uncle Frank now holds the family reunions at his farm in South Georgia.
We keep hoping that one year Jimmy will show up.. :)
Here's an old news clip...note that Uncle Frank made the Peanut Hall of
Fame before President Carter. ;)
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/09/29/Worldandnation/Nation_in_brief.shtml

Bev

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote: