homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vote!

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vote!
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:40:43 -0800 (PST)

I am posting most of my comments while laughing at the absurdity of where the
country is today. I guess if I had children, myself, or was closer to my
brothers' kids, I would not be able to find anything funny in what we are
about to do.

I do think paper voting/counting is still superior, until some sort of
fail-proof system arrives. However, I believe the systems should always be
under the control of locales. Rigged voting in bad enough in large urban
areas, now. If it was all centralized in DC, we would never have another
fair vote.

I believe Obama will win, and things will become awful becuase he will have a
largely left-wing nut-job congress pushing him toward the actual
implementation his collectivist theories. Perhaps things will improve during
his third year, when congress becomes "real" small gov't conservatives, again.

In the meantime, if McCain does pull an upset today, don't blame him. Blame
the d*mn media for advocating so much for B.O. and getting up your
hopes.......bobford