homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vote!

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vote!
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:46:51 -0500

Well, I voted. When I got there at 9am, there were more cars than I'd ever
seen there during elections. There were 7 or 8 people ahead of me, but we had
a really short ballot this year, so the line moved fast (I was #165). Most
people spent more time deciding what to buy at the bake sale than they spent
voting (that's why there were so many cars and so few people in line to
vote). I didn't know any of the poll workers this year, but they didn't ask
for ID. I had to sign the book, and they compared it to my signature from my
registration. We have the ^%(& touchscreen machines with no visible paper
trail...I have to take it's word that it recorded my vote properly. Grrr.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA