homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vote!

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vote!
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:42:33 -0600

What a great thing to have witnessed Bev. Hope is a powerful and necessary message. The year before last my friend's son and my cousin's son, both teens, killed themselves (unrelated suicides) because they felt life was hopeless. A lot of the crime you read about stems from a lack of hope. I know it will be a difficult road ahead for Obama, if elected, to translate a message of hope into some semblance of governance that might take the edge off of people's despair. I'm not expecting ice cream, but I am expecting a shift towards much better things.

Christians won't know until the end if their hope of heaven will manifest, but that doesn't deter their hopefullness. Obama, who is neither Christ or Anti-Christ, but an intelligent, fervent politician with a message of hope for a troubled America can be assessed in only four years. It's an exciting time when people like this little old lady feel inspired to get involved. I think no matter what happens in tonight's election or over the next four years, something has changed for the better already.

--Sage

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:48:30 -0500