homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vote!

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vote!
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:41:09 -0500

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:33 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I'll let you know for sure tomorrow..

Our polling place was broken into two lines, A-L and M-Z. The M-Z line was
5x as long and never decreased in size. At one point there was one lonely
person in the A-L line and four people walked in. One of them became second
in the A-L line while the other three buggers went to the M-Z line where
there were 25 people in front of them.

I want a receipt or something that proves to me that my vote was duly
recorded. The machine looks like it could spit out a receipt, but it's a
slot for a voting card key to start the machine. The lady looked at me
cross-wise when I told her that I'd really like a receipt.

I wore my Grandma Van Meter's lovely rhinestone donkey pin on my hat, same
as I've done with every election since she passed in '87.

Our 18 year old son didn't wait on us, so we didn't get to see him vote. He
got there 10 minutes after they opened at 6:00 a.m. and was #76.

Please let this election be over by the time I pass out in the wee hours
tonight.

lkvp