homestead - Re: [Homestead] Work update

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Work update
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:18:49 -0500

Oh, they are there...it is a sign of civilization...lol
Someone, long before we moved here, threw some tires in woods. I
cleaned up the place and I actually had to saw one tire just to get it
off the tree.(I wanted to save the tree). Over the year, trees grew up
through the tires. When we first bought the place, the roof of the barn
was covered in tires. Instead of someone taking the time to climb up
and nail/screw down the tin, it apparently was easier to toss the tires
on the roof to hold it down.
Since Ron works at a dealer, we can get tires at will. The dealer has
to pay someone to haul them off. You just can't take tires to the dump.
They must be recycled.

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
We must drive on ours until they're threadbare (and you know, we have
to drive alot in this big *ss state), because we don't have any
laying around.--S

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:51:23 -0500 EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>