homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stealing an Election-Big Picture

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stealing an Election-Big Picture
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:45:54 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; a while back, Bob posted a link to an article by Naomi Wolf. Her argument was similar to yours, about government taking over, taking away our rights, but she argues that Bush has already accomplished most of it. I don't remember if this is the same article he posted, but she makes the same points in it:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/apr/24/usa.comment

Thanks, I'll read it.
I don't know how far we have come down the path, or who is responsible. I just think we often distract ourselves by looking at the details and forget to look at the Big Picture, the Long Term view of where the country is headed and how close we really are to something Not America.

Bev

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda