homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stealing an Election-Big Picture

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stealing an Election-Big Picture
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

"[edit] Scope of the Act
Sec. 948b. Military commissions generally

(a) Purpose— This chapter establishes procedures governing the use of
military commissions to try alien unlawful enemy combatants engaged in
hostilities against the United States for violations of the law of war and
other offenses triable by military commission. "

****Note "alien unlawful enemy combatants". 'not' "joe the citizen"

&

****SCOTUS has ruled that 'section 7 " of the Act is unconstitutional, though
you wouldn't know it by going to the ACLU site. This is just fund-raising
fodder for them - ignore their propaganda. By the way, I still don't know
what section 7 is, but evidently that is what was found most objectional by
the plaintaffs seeking habaeus corpus.

The Constitution does 'not' specifically give any rights to foreign
combatants who are fighting against us on foreign soil. It just does not.
This Act maight be good or bad depending on your view of "human" rights in
war. But it does not conflict with the Constitution. .....bobford