homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tax burden perspective

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tax burden perspective
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:15:07 -0700

On Oct 31, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Best to not collect it to begin with.

There is waste and inefficiency in the present system. I prefer minimal federal taxation, only enough to support those things like national defense that only the federal government can provide. I prefer communities providing as many services, and paying for them, as the people in those communities want. Large population states are also inefficient. California and New York are prime examples of states with heavy tax loads to pay for a wide array of services. Big cities suck up most of the taxes. Modest homestead acreage in California and New York suffers that tax bite. Taxes equal not only services for cities but also more regulations on items of personal freedom.