homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tax burden perspective

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tax burden perspective
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:29:08 -0800

Let's take it a step further. How about not paying them to design something they have already designed AND punishing them for putting the amazing electric car in the trash compactor!

Or how about making marijuana legal. We are talking one massive amount of tax money to be garnered there AND jobs for farmers. Of course, Monsanto doesn't want that. Nooooooo!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

We have the highest base rate but more deductions so the real rate of
corporate taxes is about with the rest of the world. Why do you think those
lobbyists are so well paid.

Besides as I said before, don't talk about taxes, talk about spending. What
do you want to see cut. How about stopping the portion of the war on drugs
that is for marijuana? How about telling the military no more new weapons
until they can prove the existing ones work as deigned? How about getting
rid of the Export Import bank? Why are we giving the auto industry money to
build something they should already be building? The list goes on but it is
too easy to take the intellectually lazy route and just say "Taxes are too
high."