homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big 10 Tobacco

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big 10 Tobacco
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:07:29 -0400

James,
I have been in TN since 79 and in Greeneville since 85 and moved out in the
county in 92 and then, as you say, every patch of ground had tobacco growing
on it. This year I have seen only 2 fields.
Glad to hear that you are finding more and more non smokers when out and
about.
There is a gas station and store here that has bluegrass every Saturday
night, I have never gone because of the smoking, maybe I will go and see if
they still smoke.
If I was the Vet I would offer some kind of monetary reward for not smoking
during work hours. Wonder if that would work?
Like you, here in TN ,I had the same type of thing in the suburbs of Chicago.
Everyone smoked almost without exception, my Mother never did nor did my
grandmothers but even my peers used to make fun of me becuse Iwould not
smoke. My reason was that I was too cheap to spend the money, would rather
buy a record and listen to music. Now I am glad I never took up the habit.
Now don't ask me about overeating (sigh) guess we all have a weak spot of
some sort or another. ^GRIN^
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6