homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big 10 Tobacco

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big 10 Tobacco
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:03:32 -0400

My father died a 52 after having a cancerous lung removed, he never saw any
of his grandkids. He smoked from about the age of 13. My uncle died of a
massive heart attack at 52, again he was a heavy smoker. Both my mother's
siblings smoked and both are gone. My mother will be 90 in January and
until a couple of weeks ago was still going strong. She is recovering from
a heart attack and may well outlive me. A neighbor we had in SoCal was in
his late 60 and has to drag an oxygen bottle around and cannot walk much
farther than from the front door to the mail box, he was a smoker.

I am 62 and can chase my 5 y.o. grandson around the house while he laughs
and screams "THE MONSTER'S GOING TO EAT ME!"

Don Bowen KI6DIU