homestead - Re: [Homestead] Finnish Masonry stoves and Bread oven

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Finnish Masonry stoves and Bread oven
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:19:46 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Chris and I have been fantasizing our dream kitchen. It would of course include a masonry oven. I am mulling the design of a raised fireplace that would bake, heat the house, and be pretty to sit at.

I'm there, too. I think anyone could easily design their own after understanding the basic principles. You, Gene, are a good enough mason to do the work yourself. Here's some links for everyone else.

Here are a few links to look at:
http://www.commonsensehome.com/BuildRemodel/Renewables/masonrystove.htm
http://www.vtbrickoven.com/masonry/masonry.html
http://www.tempcast.com/
I really like the picture of the one with the family and the Aussie..mine would be all rock surround. I'd put some kind of pass through door to the wood storage area so that the space can be loaded from the outside.
http://www.ecoarc.no/fireplaceproject.htm
From Sojourner's site: (Bev waves)
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/4095/masonry/nav.html
http://www.dnr.mo.gov/pubs/pub781.pdf
http://chimneykeepers.com/masonheater.html
http://www.mainewoodheat.com/rothschild1.html
http://www.masonryheaterstore.com/about_tulikivi.htm
http://diymasonryheater.blogspot.com/2006/02/finnish-fireplace-poele-finlandais.html

Old Tvo post on such:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead/2006-May/007022.html

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda