homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dorpers and Katahdins

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dorpers and Katahdins
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:55:04 -0400

I totally agree Lynda.
I have had mutton in a stew once, at a high dollar Indian restaurant in downtown Atlanta. I almost barfed. Storebought 'lamb' isn't quite that bad, but it could be.
I wish some of you who think deer and lamb have off flavors could come to my house and eat. I'll feed you right, and it doesn't require milk soaks or anything weird like that.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
Eeeeuuuuu! That's not lamb! In fact, if you ever get a chance to eat homegrown of any breed, but best, a hair breed, you'll never buy another piece of mutton dressed up like lamb in a supermarket again!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I've never had home grown lamb, but I've had store bought. It was
strong flavored (I guess, it had a strong flavor). Is that normal or
just what I got at the supermarket?

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda