homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dorpers, was Hatin' (Sarah) Palin

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dorpers, was Hatin' (Sarah) Palin
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:57:38 -0400

I chuckled when I read that earlier...just picturing Lynn eyeing some young buck...wait, what am _I_ thinking? I should get some wool sheep and enjoy the show, too!

Lynda wrote:
Now see, that's the difference! The guy that does sheep around here is at least as old as dirt, if not older. Certainly not eye candy! <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
I don't shear my own. I have in the past, and decided that I will pay
whatever it takes to have someone else do it. My new ram is well over
500 pounds and doesn't want to be sheared. I do have hand shears and use
them to clean up the girl's faces and udders when needed. Fortunately it
only costs $5 a head to get them sheared...for $5 each, I not only get
the wool and comfortable sheep, I get to watch a handsome, well-muscled
man wrestle with my sheep; way better than TV :-)