homestead - Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

Even if you placed all of the blame for the purchases that were financed with
subprime loans on the buyers (I don't).

It was still the bankers, having bought the paper, who slliced and diced
them into derivatives,, bundled the mortgages and then securutized them, and
sold them for crazy money. In the sense, the investment bankers were simply
low brow salesman, just as you described realtors

The mortage debacle, brought on primarily by imposed quota in loans in
certain area was just a single (but large) facet of the mess. The gigantic
debts were brought about by the "presumed to be the best and the brightest"
who played interlapping games of chance on the newly securitized mortgage
instruments.

Fools, pretending to be smart, were allowed to destroy our economy. If the
democrats lose the majority after two years, you might just see, conservative
republicans holdin hearing to try to put some of those flying monkeys in
prison ...bobford