homestead - Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:09:24 -0400

> And then everyone who proclaimed, well, 'they must be smart' , 'they must
> be the best and the brightest' ; 'why,look from where they finished
> graduate school' and look at how easily they manipulate societies
> niceties" , will be joining the rabble screaming for blood from them all

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aVUE96d.HKyw
A large hedge fund manager quit the business and returnd his clients money
after rewurning almost 870%. Below is an important part of his farewell
letter.

"``I was in this game for money,'' Lahde, 37, wrote in a two-page letter
today in which he said he had come to hate the hedge-fund business. ``The
low-hanging fruit, i.e. idiots whose parents paid for prep school, Yale and
then the Harvard MBA, was there for the taking. These people who were
(often) truly not worthy of the education they received (or supposedly
received) rose to the top of companies such as AIG, Bear Stearns and Lehman
Brothers and all levels of our government."

Don Bowen KI6DIU