homestead - Re: [Homestead] Appearances

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Appearances
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:52:43 -0500

I'm not condoning what weight Americans put on their fashion, nor excusing my own beliefs or observations which are rather odd considering I have not had television for 30 years and admit I've enjoyed photographing dung beetles. I just find the fashion choices people make interesting. Is it because I'm a designer, or a woman? Not sure. But coming from me, you've got to know it's intrinsic to our culture, as I am at best on the fringe and focused elsewhere.

There's a great magazine called Adbusters that is written by the advertising community slamming mostly advertising in the fast food and fashion industries. They put out some great spoof ads.

--Sage