homestead - Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Appearances

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Appearances
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:46:46 -0500

Of course all that really mattered last night was what was said verbally and non-verbally. But I can't help but interject on the fashion, as it is a huge industry at the forefront of American spending. This may sound strange from a woman living in a ghost town with garden dirt under her nails and a chicken recuperating in the guest bath, but in the advertising industry I've been subjected enough to it that I look at fashion as just another design element.

As for Biden in black...nope, not by our cultural dressing standards. It is more commonly accepted for men to wear black, grey or dark blue to a public speaking event (you'll almost never see brown outside of the pulpit). Biden's family wore lots of colors which was nice. IMO it would have been better for Palin to choose a color that would make her skin look more vibrant but dark enough to be respectful of the debate. (I think it's OK for her to wear brighter colors in the interviews because the focus is on her). Those heels made her look ever more the barbie. Was she trying to get some height on Biden? Then I would've prefered to see a non-sling shoe.

--Sage

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:44:12 EDT
Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

>The only thing that really bothered me about appearances is that Palin wore black, and I think her family did too.

Biden wore black too. Does this apply to Biden as well? </HTML>