homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of this wannabe..

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of this wannabe..
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

> Next week we are consumer debt-free!  It was a two year haul. Long story
> short, we got into debt because we a) bought a house in town almost 5 years
> ago for my business, then b) our first live-in client only stayed six weeks
> and moved out fall '05 and I went back to mortgage loans until June 06. I
> closed few loans between October and June, we accumulated debt as a result.
> But now the debt is gone. We should begin having wiggle room every month.
>
> Lisa
> ...hunkering down in sw VA!

Awesome, Lisa.  I am very happy for you.
I know I am lucky.  I spoke to a few neighbors today and they were all "we'll
be fine because we stick together and help each other".  Of course, I just
had to make that joke about the resident felon (a renting neighbor who spends
as much time in jail as out) and the paroled child molester both of whom are
renters with the same scumbag landlord-are we to support them, too, and I got
a nasty look that said "hell no".  So, it has already begun, in a way, the
separation of those that deserve, and those that don't...those that
belong(those of like mind-like mind being self sufficiency and self reliant,
those of old skills) and those that don't (criminals and scumbags), and I
can't help but wonder in whose circle of friends will I fall...hard decisions
are ahead.
I am not religious, but I was raised a Christian and those old verses are
hard to shake...Judge not lest ye be judged...there for the grace of God go
I...and the like...I suppose now is when the rubber meets the road and when
people will no longer be able to hide their true feelings about their
neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances, because they may have to make hard
decisions, do I help this person and if not, why not...
There will be bigotry and heroism.  The times that are coming will show how
evil we are as well as how good we are.
Character is who you are when no one is looking.

Akka B, getting scared