homestead - Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:04:44 -0400

Rob, you are of course entitles to your interpretation of why someone other that yourself might do things, but I must correct you on just a couple things. First of all, my opposition to OBama has absolutely nothing to do with his skin color. I also resent the insinuation that you make, saying that that is the reason I so stoutly oppose him. It is his politics, and his beliefs. I could very easily vote for Powell, Thomas, Rice, and countless other people whose skin color differs from my own.

I would have no problem with my daughter getting married to someone whose skin color differed from hers (and mine). The one requirement I would have is that he loved her, and would treat her well. I would have the same requirement for ANY potential beau.

Secondly, don't blame the bailout on Republicans. Evidently, you need to be reminded of who runs the oversight committees, and the legislative branch of our beloved federal government. That would be Democrats. When blame is earned, place it where it squarely belongs.

Ray