homestead - Re: [Homestead] our prez-Nuclayer, nuclear, or just nuke the whole damn thing.

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] our prez-Nuclayer, nuclear, or just nuke the whole damn thing.
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

> As to it being a "country" accent, recall Fred Thompson's accent.  That's a
> normal businessman's accent here in Tennessee.  Here in the South those
> aren't
> 'country' accents, they are the normal common mode of speech.   </HTML>

Excellent description, IMO.

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama list- Terry Anderson

You know, some of this stuff can be argued until the cows come home as
both the email and Snopes can be right on some things.
For example, the argument as to the origin of Obama's name.  Is it
Swahili as BO claims, or is it Arabic as his detractors claim?

It can actually be both.  The word Swahili comes from the Arabic word
for 'coast'.
The word in English for the appendage on your hand is 'finger'.  Guess
what, the word in German for that is 'finger'.  Is 'finger' English or
German?  You can make a case for both.  Linguistically, you look to the
root and trace it back and that points to it being more German..
The detractors are looking at the word origin; supporters are looking at
the word use.  I doubt you will find anyone willing to argue that finger
is not an English word.

Point is, that is you look at the arguements in the email, many  of the
facts can be twisted either way.  Obama does support Odinga, but only
Odinga claims he is Obama's cousin...since Obama's father was from the
same tribe as Odinga, perhaps there are some shared ancestors, but it is
not first cousins as the email implies.(IMO, the word cousin alone
implies first cousin).  Odinga is Anglican and pro-Western, but
supposedly made a deal that if he is elected Muslims will be held
accountable under Sharia law.  So IF what I wrote above is true, from my
own research which may or may not be true, you could make a case that
Obama supports Sharia AND you could make a case that Obama supports
pro-Western democracies.

I am not defending either..just making a point that the truth might lie
somewhere in the middle.

Akka B, voting third party this year, as usual