homestead - Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:23:58 -0400

That goes to the heart of some of my personal beliefs, and I don't mind responding. Here is how I look at it, and be aware this is my opinion, and I am not pushing this on anyone else. If you are sensitive regarding this issue, and cannot tolerate a strong expression of free speech, and personal beliefs, do not read any further. You have been warned.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Skin color is a matter of birth, and one has absolutely no control over it.

Gender preference is a matter of choice, despite the rantings to the contrary of those who seek to push on me, and my family, and on my society, an acceptance of their perversions.

I do not descriminate against anyone regarding things beyond their control. I do descriminate against people based on their choices. I choose who I will "accept", and who I will merely "tolerate". People who choose to live in ways I believe are immoral, or harmful to themselves or others, I must "tolerate". That is due to both law, and personal beliefs. I do not have to "accept" their behavior, however, and don't.

So, the answer to your question is this. My use of language regarding gender was deliberate. I would find it very difficult to accept the situation you speak of. Could I learn to tolerate it? Perhaps. Accept it? Probably never.

I20can see myself being like Tevye. Would I still love my daughter? Yes. Would she and her partner be welcome in my home? No. Would that be a heart-breaking situation? Yes. Would I treat her like she was dead? Probably not. Would this mean I waffled on my beliefs? I don't know. I would probably struggle with this my whole life.

No one ever said life was easy.

Ray