homestead - Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] vote for Obama or you are a racist
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:34:17 -0400

If everyone who didn't like either of the major party candidates would
actually vote for someone they DID like, we could turn this country
around in a few elections. I can't tell you how many people I talk to
who like Ron Paul, for example, but never even considered voting for him
because he "didn't have a chance". They settle for the 'lesser of the
major party evils', and that's what they get.

By voting for a third party candidate who stands for what I believe,
I've been accused more than once of "giving" the election to someone I
didn't even vote for, and it's that attitude that keeps us stuck with
the status quo (besides, since popular vote doesn't count, once a
candidate wins my state, my one additional vote wouldn't mean anything).
The revolution won't start until We the People vote it in, but people
don't have the guts, so get the government they deserve.

Lynn Wigglesworth