homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chemistry ?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chemistry ?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:47:12 -0500

On Sep 14, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Robert Walton wrote:

While we're on Chem 101, can someone tell me what is in lime that
makes lime pickles so crisp? I just made some lime jalepenos pickled.

Rob, as you no doubt know, lime is one of the constituent parts of cement. So when you are eating lime you are eating sort of a weak version of cement. Cement pickles. Bet you didn't know the stuff could be so tasty.