homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chemistry ?

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chemistry ?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:29:46 -0400

> Rob, as you no doubt know, lime is one of the constituent parts of
> cement. So when you are eating lime you are eating sort of a weak
> version of cement. Cement pickles. Bet you didn't know the stuff could
> be so tasty.

Oh but you rinse them really well so it's only a little cement. And
they taste, oh so good. I know that you can sub lime for ashes in a
lot of things, like water to scrape a pig. I wonder if you could sub
ashes for for lime in pickles?

At any rate, Gene, I'll add a bit more fiber to my diet, just for good
measure!

Rob - Va